Core functions provided by the Safe Children Coalition are:
- Case Management
- Foster Care
- Independent Living
- Quality management &
- Community & Client
- Data Services & Client
Orientation & MAPP Training
In your pursuit to become a licensed foster family or to adopt children out of foster care, you will need to successfully complete a 30 hour training curriculum, the Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (MAPP). MAPP is a selection tool for the mutual use of your family and the Safe Children Coalition to determine if fostering and adoption are right for your family.
- Each class is led by a trained social worker who is accompanied by a licensed foster parent. Some topics you will cover in class:
- Recognizing and working with the loss and grief children experience when they are removed from their parents, regardless of the abuse or neglect they experienced at home.
- Identifying your family's strengths and skills to determine the appropriate matches for your home.
- Parenting techniques to support the special needs of children in foster care.
- For foster families, supporting the biological parents' attempts to reunify with their child(ren).
- For adoptive families, recognizing that birth-family connections are an integral part of a foster child's development.
Thursday May 09, 2013 6:00pm - 08:00 pm
Safe Children Coalition Sarasota
1500 Independence Blvd
Sarasota, Florida 34234
Monday July 08, 2013 6:00pm - 08:00 pm
812 Tamiami Trail Suite 3
North Port, Florida 33953
Monday July 22, 2013 6:00pm - 08:00 pm
Safe Children Coalition Desoto
925 Mills Avenue
Arcadia, Florida 34266
Thursday August 08, 2013 6:00pm - 08:00 pm
Safe Children Coalition Manatee
5729 Manatee Ave W.
Bradenton, FL 34209